Friday, February 12, 2010

42. Unplug from the internet once a week

Yesterday was my first day completing task 42. Unplug from the internet once a week (1/143) and it was a huge success. I had such a productive day. I (along with the help of Rob) completely cleaned the apartment. I am a bit embarrassed to admit that the apartment had gotten a little out of control so this was a huge undertaking - dishes, vacuuming, washing floors, emptying cat litter, taking out garbage and recycling (which had really piled up), sorting laundry. I know it took a few hours, but we got everything done and the place looks amazing now. I am so glad we were able to get it done. I wish I could say I have pictures, but I don't because my camera battery is dead.

After our huge cleaning job, Rob and I were starving, so we walked over to the local Wendy's for lunch. We also rented a few movies - The Hangover, State of Play, and Post Grad (that one was just for me!). We watched State of Play yesterday afternoon and it was such a good movie! We also watched the first episode of Survivor: Heroes vs Villians and stayed up to watch the new episode of Grey's Anatomy.

Yesterday, Rob and I both had the whole day off and it was lovely to be able to spend it together and not be distracted by the internet. There was only one time when I felt a twinge of withdrawal from the online world, it was after we'd watched the movie and we were waiting for Survivor to start. So to fill that time, I read my book: Knit Two.

Of course, I am still keeping up with my daily 1001 tasks: taking a daily multivitamin (which I actually think it helping to keep me energized and motivated during the day), saving a loonie a day, and blogging and taking pictures when I progress towards a goal.

Now, this does bring me to something I have been trying to figure out - how should I track my daily progress? Does anyone have any suggestions for a fast way to track this? I am especially interested in tracking my daily activities like taking vitamins and saving money. Should I create some sort of spreadsheet that I can check off? Anyone know of any iPhone applications I could download to help me track this? Should I just use a good old fashioned calendar? I need something that is easy. Should I just mark it on the calendar of my iPod when I've done something that day? What are your thoughts?

Anyway, I believe that is all for now. I am off to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremonies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment