Sunday, February 14, 2010

GO CANADA GO!

Have you been watching the Olympics? I have. I love the Olympics. I think there is something so amazing about almost everyone in the country watching the same thing at the same time. On Friday night, during the opening ceremonies, like every trending topic on Twitter was related to the Olympics. We are even watching the Olympics at work. They are projecting the broadcast on a wall in the call centre. I think just think that is so cool.

Obviously this year is more thrilling than other Olympics because it is on Canadian soil. I am not in Vancouver, but I have been there and I feel like just having been to the same city where the Olympics are is so cool. I just watched Canada get its first gold medal of this games (men's moguls), and on Canadian soil. I am so happy for Alexandre Bilodeau! That is a name Canada will remember.

Am I the only one that gets emotional about stuff like this? I am so thrilled, I was tearing up. I can't imagine the pressure that guy was under and he was amazing. I can't wait to watch the rest of these Olympics and see more of Canada's amazing athletes compete.

I am hoping for some more information soon on whether or not I will get an interview for a promotion at work. It would mean moving to a different town, but it would be a position in HR, which is what I went to school for, and that would mean I would get to scratch objective #3 off my 101 list. Everyone, please think good thoughts for me over the next few weeks while I wait to see if I get an interview!

Well, I believe that is all for now.. I leave you with the video for CTV's Olympic Anthem "I Believe". I find this song so powerful and the video brings on more of those emotions I was speaking of earlier.




0 comments:

Post a Comment