Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

So, how was your Valentine's Day? Did you do anything exciting? I worked... for 11 hours.. Then, by the time I got home, it was almost time for my husband to go to work. So, yesterday didn't feel any different than any other day for me.

But, on Saturday after work I went to see the movie Valentine's Day with Tara. I thought it was pretty good. Predictable in parts, but also unpredictable in other parts. The cast was jammed full of celebrities: Patrick Dempsey, Taylor Swift, Julia Roberts, Shirley MacLaine, Ashton Kutcher, Jennifer Garner... I love that kind of movie too, it makes you believe that life really is just happenstance. That two people who seem to be strangers, really are connected... If you liked the movie Love Actually, you will probably like the movie Valentine's Day.

My Valentine's Day was really on Friday. That is when I gave Rob his card, and he gave me chocolates, a card, and a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake that said "Be Mine". Thursday and Friday were the days Rob and I spent with each other and shared our love.

I know Valentine's Day can get some bad press because it all seems so commercialized, but I have no problem with a day to remind everyone to act a little bit nicer, love a little bit harder, and smile a little bit brighter. I hope everyone's Valentine's Days embraced a little of that spirit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment