Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Holidays?

So, am I the only one that thinks the holidays just crept up on us? Christmas is just 32 days away. Yesterday was the Santa Claus parade in town. People have started putting up Christmas decorations. Starbucks has their holiday beverages available (which, btw, Peppermint Mocha is amazing!) and their holiday cups in stock . Next weekend I am going to my first holiday gathering. How did this happen? Wasn't it just last weekend that it was July and I was just starting back to work?

I am not sure if it is because the weather in Ontario has been so lovely and we haven't even seen a flurry, but this just seems so hard to believe. So, because Christmas has gotten so close, I have decided to start my Christmas shopping tomorrow! I love Christmas shopping, finding something that a loved one is going to LOVE, being sneaky about finding out what people want, knowing what mom got dad and what dad got mom and not being able to share the secrets. Finding the perfect gift for someone is one of my favourite things about the holidays.

This year, I am going to try to spend less and be more environmentally friendly with my Christmas celebrations. Do you all have any tips for money saving at Christmas? What (if anything) are you doing to be more environmentally friendly this holiday season? Any tips or tricks that you wanna share, please feel free to leave a comment!

Now, on a final note, my musical recommendations for the day are "Christmas Day" by Dido and "Valley Winter Song" by Fountains of Wayne.

1 comments:

Nicole Bergman said...

I applaud your decision to have an environmentally friendly Christmas! Yay! Here are my tips:

-Use recycled gift wrap and save the gift bags/tissue paper you get for next time you give a gift
-Try to buy locally made gifts
-Use low energy Christmas lights
-Send out cards that are made with recycled paper (P.S.- I sell cards that are made from all recycled material and are embedded with plant seeds so they can be planted in soil and will grow flowers- no waste... Just sayin'... ;) )
-Plan before you shop, so that you're doing less driving around (and bring your own shopping bag to whichever stores you go to!)

Hmm okay, a bit of a random list, but it's all I can think of. LOL.

Post a Comment